In Boppl it is possible to apply restrictions to menu categories so that the products within are only available at certain times. This needs to be configured via Boppl admin, and is possible for venues using Boppl both integrated (ie. Kounta) and non-integrated.
There are a couple of steps to set this up. We've outlined the process below.
1. Create Availability Hours
First we will create the timeslots for the restricted availability, which will then be linked to the menu categories.
- Go to admin.boppl.me
- Go to TRADING TIMES and select the
- Create timeslots for the times at which the menu category will be available
For example, to restrict a category that contains weekday lunchtime specials, you would create the timeslot below for each day Mon-Fri:
NB: You do not need to specify an order type in most cases. If you are looking to restrict by order type, please contact us for assistance.
NB: Any categories that are available at all times you are open DO NOT need to have assigned availability timeslots.
2. Link Availability Hours to Menu Categories
Once you have created the availability timeslots, you can then link them to the menu categtories that need to be restricted.
- Go to the CURRENT MENU page
- Select the category that you would like to restrict in the left hand menu navigation
- Click the Food/Drink Availability button at the top of the menu list (see example below)
- In the modal, select the availability slots to apply to the category (see below)
- You can then see the updated availability hours at the top of the menu category (see below)
NB: Availability hours assigned to categories will automatically apply to any subcategories.
That's it! Outside the availability hours, products in restricted categories will appear greyed out in-app and cannot be selected or added to orders.