If you're hoping to offer mobile ordering to your customers, you will need to consider the following when building/updating your Kounta menu. Allowing customers to order and pay in advance means a certain level of detail needs to be provided to them around what they are ordering; this info needs to live within your POS.
Read on for guidance on best practice menu setup in preparation for mobile ordering.
Supported Menu Attributes
To provide a great in-app experience for your customers, Bopple requires the use of certain menu attributes of Kounta. The supported menu setup makes use of Kounta's more modern/recent configurations, so it should also help to provide a better experience in your POS.
If you stick to the simple formula below when building the menu that will be available in-app, you shouldn't have any trouble:
- Create your Products
- Use Product Variants to create sizes of the same Product where needed (eg. Coffees etc)
- Always use product-linked Option Sets for your modifiers
- Don't leave any products with a price of $0
Click the links above to see more detail in Kounta's support documentation.
Note that we do not support the below configurations:
- Unlinked Modifiers ("floating" Modifiers)
- $0 base prices on Products
- Option Sets within Option Sets ("nested" Option Sets)
- Size-specific Option Sets linked to variants (eg. different milk option sets for each size on coffees)
Structuring Your Menu
Using Hot Drinks as an example category, we will outline the ideal structure of your products to support mobile ordering.
- Create base Products (eg. Cappuccino, Latte, Flat White, English Breakfast Tea etc)
- Create and add Product Variants for sizes (video / docs)
- Create Option Sets for things like milk choice or sugar (full list below) (video / docs)
- Link Option Sets to the appropriate Products (video)
Suggested Hot Drink Menu Setup
Note that there are separate Milk option sets for different products, depending on whether milk is mandatory (eg. FW) or optional (eg. LB). Be sure to include Full Cream in your Milk option sets for customer clarity. Avoid linking the Milk option sets to products that never need milk, like Espresso.
Note that there is a button for each quantity. App users cannot tap 'Sugar' multiple times to add several. Buttons are needed for each quantity.
How This Looks In-App
Use the attributes mentioned above to ensure the rest of your products/categories are setup in a way that will support a mobile ordering experience.
Once your whole menu is updated...
If you have not added your venue to Bopple already, you can go ahead and do that by enabling the Bopple add-on in the Kounta marketplace and following the prompts. You can read more about the initial venue setup and menu build process here.
Already have your venue added to Bopple? Great! All you need to do now is sync Bopple with Kounta so that the updated setup is available in the app. Read more on syncing Bopple with Kounta here.