Your venue status depends on a number of things, including pieces of information that need to be added to your venue in Boppl admin, as well as things like the status of your POS or Venue Dashboard.
The status of your venue is shown in the side menu of Boppl admin, as well as on your in-app venue listing (once approved and visible).
Venue Status Overview
Your venue is hidden while under review
Your venue is visible but you cannot yet receive orders
Your venue is open / able to accept new orders
Your venue is closed / unable to accept orders
Your venue is closed / unable to accept orders
Your venue is hidden due to cancellation or payment issues
Venue Status Details
- When you create your venue by signing up to Boppl, it will initially be in this state
- Your venue is not visible in Boppl or your branded app
- Your venue will be approved once:
- You have connected Stripe (to receive customer payments) and
- Boppl has reviewed your venue to ensure it is suitable
- Once approved, your venue will move to the next step.
If you complete the remaining setup steps and your venue is still Pending Approval, you should see a
Request Approvaloption in the venue progress tracker within Boppl admin.
- Once approved by Boppl, your venue will move to the Coming Soon state
- While in this state you should complete the remaining setup steps as shown in the progress tracker on your Boppl admin profile
- Your venue is visible in Boppl or your branded app as shown below
- Customers CANNOT view your in-app menu or send orders
- You can view your in-app menu (to review prior to launch) by signing in to the customer app with your venue login credentials (those used to access Boppl admin)
- Once you have completed the necessary setup steps as shown on your admin profile, you can click the
Go Onlineoption to move to the next step:
- Integrated venues (Kounta / ePosNow) will be taken to the Trading Times section where you can enable your venue to appear as online/offline
- Non-integrated venues will be taken to the Venue Dashboard where you can sign-in (this will enable your venue to appear as online/offline)
Opening Your Venue
This is handled slightly differently depending on the venue type:
- Integrated (Kounta / ePosNow) venues will open automatically at the start of each day according to the trading times configured in Boppl admin, provided the POS is online.
- Non-integrated venues (Boppl Venue Dashboard) will need to be opened manually at the start of each day. This can be done using the status control in the top left corner of the Dashboard, once you are inside the trading times configured in admin.
- Once online, the venue will appear in Boppl or your branded app as shown below
Keeping Your Venue Open
In order for Boppl to send new customer orders to your POS or Venue Dashboard, the below must always be true:
- Tablet has internet connectivity
- Tablet screen is awake (disable sleep mode)
- Tablet screen is unlocked (disable auto-lock)
- POS or Venue Dashboard app is running/active on-screen
- Other apps are not being used on the tablet
We poll the status of your POS or Venue Dashboard every ~60 seconds. If there are any issues with the above your venue will be Closed / Offline until it is resolved.
- All venues close automatically at the end of the day as per the trading times configured in Boppl admin (Service Closed first, then complete closure 30mins later - more info below)
- Venues will also be automatically closed if something prevents Boppl from sending orders to your POS or your Venue Dashboard as explained above. If this occurs, resolve the issue and your venue should re-open automatically within 1-2 minutes (be sure to refresh the search in-app to see your updated venue status; swap to the map view or close/re-open the app)
- Your venue will go into this state automatically at the end of the day as per the trading times configured in Boppl admin
- It will remain in this state for 30min after which it will automatically move to the Closed state (this is to allow time for completing any orders that may have been submitted just before closing time)
- Standalone venues can also move into this state at any time by using the venue status control in the top left corner of the Venue Dashboard (handy if you need to temporarily suspend service due to an issue at the venue). Just move the venue back to Open as and when you are ready.
- This means your venue has been removed from Boppl and/or your branded application
- It is no longer visible and you will not receive any orders
- Your venue is disabled if:
- You request to cancel the service at your venue
- You are one of our old monthly subscription plans and payments are failing on your nominated credit or debit card (note; monthly plans no longer available)
- If you'd like to go back online, please get in touch!