Before you start promoting the service you will need to submit some test orders so that you and your team are familiar with how orders are received and handled.
While your venue setup is in progress, it will appear as
COMING SOON in the app.
Before you can submit test orders to train your team, you'll need to ensure the following steps have been completed.
- Menu build completed and reviewed
- Stripe connected via the BILLING page in Boppl admin
Once the above is complete, you can activate your venue by signing in to the Venue Dashboard. See HERE for info on installing the dashboard, and HERE for info on opening/closing your venue with the Dashboard.
The first time you sign-in to the Dashboard, your venue status in the app will change from
COMING SOON to
ONLINE/OFFLINE (read more about venue status here). Now you're ready to submit test orders!
You can use your venue login profile (used to access Boppl admin) in the customer app to submit uncharged test orders at your venue.
- Sign-in to the Venue Dashboard app using your venue login credentials
- Open your venue using the button/indicator in the top left corner of the dashboard
- Install the customer app on your mobile (either Boppl, or your branded app)
- Sign-in to the customer app using your venue login credentials (same as admin/dashboard)
- Navigate to your venue in the list/map and select it to open the menu
- Add items to your order
- Review your order by tapping the 'bell' in the upper right corner
- Confirm your order to progress to checkout
- Select the desired order type (PICKUP / DELIVER TO ADDRESS / DELIVER TO TABLE)
- Tap PAY & SEND ORDER
- Receive the order in the Venue Dashboard (examples shown below)
- Handle the order as you would any other order (process here)
- Repeat the process as many times as you like, trying different order types etc.
- Once you are finished, you can close your venue again until ready to go live for orders from the public.
NB: You can send test orders using the process above at any time, even after your venue is completely launched. This can be useful when training new team members, or checking to see if there is an issue with your menu etc.
New Orders: Docket View
New Orders: List View