New orders will not appear instantly in your Kounta POS if:
- Tablet internet connection is weak or lost/disconnected
- Other apps are actively being used on the tablet (ie. Kounta in the background)
- Tablet screen is locked or asleep
- Mismatched menu data on an item included in the order (Bopple & Kounta out of sync)
- Kounta is experiencing a platform outage
Without the fallback process explained below, any of the above issues would cause any new customer orders to be auto-rejected, resulting in a poor customer experience and lost orders/revenue for your venue.
Rather than auto-rejecting orders, we accept the order and take payment in-app. We then send you the necessary info on email so the customer's mobile order can still be prepared and provided when they arrive in-store.
If a customer submits a prepaid app order and it is not able to be shown in Kounta POS (due to one of the issues above), they will be presented with a notification asking that they contact the team to confirm the order. After seeing this the customer will normally come and see you at the counter when they arrive, or give you a call.
NB: In this case the customer has paid; they should not be made to re-submit the order or pay again over the counter.
You will receive an email alert to let you know about the issue and to allow you to prepare the order outside of the POS if needed.
The process to follow varies slightly depending on the type of issue, so there are two different emails you may receive. Read on for more info and the process for handling each situation.
Email Alert 1:
Action required: New order awaiting response
This means that your POS was not able to receive the new order; typically due to an internet connection issue, another app being used on the tablet, or your tablet being asleep/screen-locked.
- First try to resolve the issue with the POS/tablet (check internet, ensure Kounta is running)
- If you can resolve the POS/tablet issue the order will appear for you to handle as normal.
- If you cannot resolve the issue on the POS/tablet, prepare the order based on the email; all necessary order details are included as shown below.
Whenever the issue is resolved the order will appear in your POS as a new order (even if this is several hours later):
- If you've already provided the customer with their order,
- If the customer did not receive their order for some reason (eg. they did not come into the store), simply
REJECTthe order to prompt an automatic refund.
- DO NOT reject any order that was provided to the customer as they will be refunded. We cannot reverse refunds.
Email Alert 2:
Action required: Problem with new order
Typically this occurs if your Bopple menu and your Kounta menu are out-of-sync (more info here), or if Kounta is experiencing an outage.
- This order will never appear in your Kounta POS, but it has still been paid for.
- Prepare the order based on the email; all necessary order details are included as shown below.
Important: Keep your venue info up to date
This is the email address we will use when sending email notifications for new orders that cannot be shown in your POS, so it's important you have the most appropriate email address listed.
Head to the VENUE INFO section of Boppl admin, check your
Contact Email and add/update if needed. Note that if you operate multiple venues, you'll need to check/update each one.
Your venue will be open and customers ALWAYS able to order during these times (even if your POS is offline), so it's important they are current and correct.