In order to improve the customer experience and reduce the amount of lost sales, we are making some changes to the way your venue is opened each day and how we handle your venue status.
Action: Review Venue Info
This is the email address we will use when sending the order notification emails so it's important you have the most appropriate email address listed.
Head to the VENUE INFO section of Boppl admin, check your
Contact Email and add/update if needed. Note that if you operate multiple venues, you'll need to check/update each one.
As we will now be opening your venue automatically based on these, it's important they are current and correct.
My customer received a notification saying we had trouble receiving their order. Why?
Your customers may receive a notification similar to the one shown below....
This can happen if your Dashboard is offline/unavailable for new online orders.
If a customer receives this notification, the contact email on your venue profile will also be sent an email notification which is explained further below.
I received an email saying
CONFIRM ORDER. Why?
Customers are now able to submit orders at any time within the configured trading times, regardless of the status of your Dashboard.
This email is sent to you if we are unable to send a new order to your Dashboard due to one of the below reasons:
- Internet connectivity issues on your Dashboard tablet
- Dashboard app not active/running in the foreground (ie. other apps are in use)
- Tablet screen locked or asleep
The email will include the customer's 4-character order code and all details of the order. You will need to do the following to handle the order:
- Prepare the customer's order based on the email
- Provide the food/drink to the customer when they arrive/enquire
- Resolve the issue with the Dashboard (connectivity / Dashboard app status)
- Once your Dashboard status is resolved, the order will appear and can be closed