Customers can always send you new orders during your configured trading times. However, there may be cases where the new order cannot be shown in your dashboard. In these events the customer has still paid for the order, so they should not be made to order and pay again (over the counter/phone etc).
New orders will not appear in your dashboard if:
- Tablet internet connection is weak or lost/disconnected
- Other apps are actively being used on the tablet (ie. Dashboard in the background)
- Tablet screen is locked or asleep
What to expect
The customer may arrive (or call you) and inform you they ordered but saw the below error message. You probably won't be able to see the order in your dashboard, but the customer has indeed ordered.
What to do next
- Ask the customer to confirm their order code
- Check the inbox of your listed venue contact email for our email alert
- You should have received an email with subject
"Action Required: New order awaiting response"(example below)
- It is preferable to resolve the issue with the tablet and handle the order as normal:
- Check/resolve internet connection issue
- Stop using other apps and re-load the dashboard app
- Unlock / wake up the screen on the tablet
- If you cannot resolve the dashboard issue, use the email alert to prepare the customer order (all necessary info is included in the email)
"Action required: New order awaiting response"
Important: Keep your venue info up to date
This is the email address we will use when sending the order notification emails so it's important you have the most appropriate email address listed.
Head to the VENUE INFO section of Boppl admin, check your
Contact Email and add/update if needed. Note that if you operate multiple venues, you'll need to check/update each one.
As we will now be opening your venue automatically based on these, it's important they are current and correct.