A lot of venues choose to go paperless, using just the display on the Venue Dashboard to handle their orders. However, there may be cases where it is easier to have printed dockets for orders so we've provided an option to connect to a docket printer via Bluetooth.
Overview & Limitations
- Android Dashboard support only (no iOS/iPad support)
- Epsom TM-M30 Bluetooth printer only
- Bluetooth connection only (no WiFi or ethernet)
- No complicated routing options (eg. food to one printer, drinks to another)
- Single docket per order auto-prints when order is started
- Additional copies can be printed by manually tapping the printer icon on the order
Docket printing is supported on Android only. You will need to have a tablet available to use as the Dashboard running Android 4.4 or later. iOS/iPads are not supported at present.
At present the only printer that is compatible is the Epsom TM-M30 bluetooth model. The integration is over bluetooth connection only.
It is important to ensure you have the correct model as the TM-M30 also comes in a version that does not support bluetooth. You will need model M335B (M335A is the non-bluetooth model). You can confirm that your printer is Bluetooth-capable by taking off the cover panel and foot panel. You should see a sticker with a Bluetooth symbol.
- Turn your TM-M30 off and wait for all status/power lights to go off
- Turn printer back on; the Bluetooth status light should flash indicating it is in pairing mode.
- On your Android tablet, go to Settings > Bluetooth Settings
- Turn Bluetooth off and then on again
- You should see your printer appear in the Available Devices section (printer device name will be something like TM-m30_000000)
- Select your printer, and you should see the Bluetooth status light stop flashing once it is successfully paired.
Most issues can be resolved by turning printer off for 10secs and restarting. If that does not work, open bluetooth settings on tablet and select to 'Forget' printer, then re-pair following process above.