- Customer data (name + email) sent with new orders to your Kounta POS
- Online orders linked to Kounta customer records
- Complete customer transactional history (in store + online)
- Include app customers in your marketing campaigns (newsletters, offers etc)
- App orders accrue points** in Kounta-linked loyalty schemes (eg. Collect)
**Unfortunately points earned in loyalty schemes cannot yet be redeemed/claimed via Boppl applications. They can only be earned/accrued.
How it works
Once enabled, the following will start taking place on all new orders going forward:
- Customer browses menu and places a new order
- Customer order is sent to your Kounta POS for processing
- The order sent to the Kounta site includes the following data:
- Transaction: products, prices, discounts
- Customer [NEW]: name, email address, various ‘tags’ for additional customer information (explained below)
- Using the customer email address, we attempt to find existing customers in the People > Customers records within the Kounta site being ordered at:
- If no match is found, a new customer record is created with the order
- If an existing customer is found, the order is added to the customer history
NB: You're probably used to seeing the customer name on orders already. This has always been passed but only as a simple note on the order. The new feature passes full name, email etc, and stores the data in the customer records so it can be used in the same way all your existing customer records are used.
Once enabled, the data sharing will start happening automatically on all new orders.
We recommend you ensure the
Send receipts to customers via email setting is disabled for your Kounta site (via Site Information > Online ordering). Boppl sends email receipts to customers for app orders so they do not need to be sent via Kounta also.
Ready to start receiving customer data with your Boppl orders?
Please contact us if you'd like to request this feature is enabled at your venue(s).
Understanding and using the customer data
For more technical info on using the customer data, as well as some common questions/issues, please click here.